Visual Art Partnerships
Port Columbus Gateway To The Arts
A collaboration between OAL and the Columbus Regional Airport Authority
The Gateway to the Arts, an exhibition space located on the ticketing level of the airport, features the work of OAL members on a rotating basis. Each exhibition is on display for 3 months and will be viewed by thousands of visitors daily. Members are encouraged to enter a solo show or may choose to put together a group show with other OAL members.
Entries were juried from digital submissions by a panel of peer jurors made up of one OAL member, one OAL board member, and one representative of Port Columbus International Airport.
April 28 - July 6, 2014
July 21 - Oct. 5, 2014
Oct. 20 - Jan. 11, 2015
SUBMISSION NOW CLOSED!
There is no fee to enter, but you must be an OAL member. Not a member? Join today!
For questions and more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-299-8225.
HOW TO APPLY
* Use the form to submit installation proposals with up to four images, a drawing or sketch, and a brief written description; please deliver video submissions on dvd, labeled with your contact info, to the gallery.
- Read and understand The Fine Print.
- Complete the entry form; submit up to 4 entries in digital format.* Entries will not be returned.
- Please submit at least 4 samples that represent a cross section of the type of work you wish to display.
- Deliver entry materials to OAL by 8 p.m. the day of the deadline.
Due to restrictions of displaying artwork at Port Columbus we are not able to display sculpture, video or installation pieces (basically, we need to art to be able to hang on a wall.
We only accept digital images and video. Please save files at the highest possible quality.
File names should be formatted smith01.jpg, where “smith” is replaced with your last name and “01”is replaced with the appropriate entry number. Detail shots should be labeled smith01detail.jpg.
THE FINE PRINT
- Still Images: JPEG/JPG, TIFF and PNG; the longest side should be 1920 pixels at 72 DPI.
- Video: Links to Vimeo or YouTube are preferred; MPEG, AVI, or MOV files are also acceptable.
- All entries must be original works made in the past 3 years.
- Visual artists, 18 or older, who live in Ohio and are members of the Ohio Art League, are eligible for entry.
- Only online form entries will be accepted. Assistance can be available at the gallery to complete the registration form, if needed. Call before coming in.
- All accepted work must be labeled with Artist, Title, Medium, Size, and Price.
- Submission of an entry shall constitute agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
- Accepted artists grant permission to OAL to use images of their work for promotional purposes.
- Price your work with the understanding that OAL assesses a 30% sales commission.
- OAL reserves the right to refuse to display any accepted work for any reason.
- At the request of the exhibition location, work must be suitable for all ages.
- Work must be suitably framed and wired or otherwise prepared for installation.
- Works altered from the submitted digital images will not be accepted.
- All reasonable care will be exercised by OAL and its agents, but OAL and its agents are not liable for loss or damage of work in its care nor during transport.
- Work must be under 6 ft. in any direction and weigh less than 50 lbs.
- No work previously exhibited in any OAL or OAL-sponsored show will be considered.
Submissions now closed